From The Pen Of iSiKolo 2020May 5, 2014
From The Pen Of iSiKolo March 2021March 24, 2021
Wow – there is just so much happening! Here are some of the issues we need to take cognisance of:
- THE EAAB They are open and trading as usual.
- THE PROPERTY PRACTITIONERS BILL The EAAB and the Department of Human settlements will be hosting a series of information sessions in all 9 provinces. Attached is the link to their notice https://www.eaab.org.za The venues appear at the end of the notice.
- CPD The CPD for 2020 has been deferred. Here is the link to the notice: https://www.eaab.org.za/article/waiver_of_continuing_professional_development_cpd_fees You will have access to your 2019 CPD eLearning- which I strongly suggest you get done if you haven’t done so already. There is no CPD eLearning available for 2020. It will resume in 2021.
Way Forward Estate agents who have not paid the CPD fees: Estate agents who have failed to pay CPD fees for the 2020 financial year will not be penalised. However, they will still be required to participate in the CPD training once it is available online. Furthermore, they will be required to pay their CPD fees for the 2021 financial year.
- Estate agents who had already paid the CPD fees when the waiver was announced:
- Estate who had already made payment towards the CPD fees when the waiver was announced shall have their accounts for the 2021 financial year credited with the funds already paid and will not be required to pay CPD fees for the 2021 financial year. However, they will also be required to participate in the CPD training once it is available online.